Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Life is a maze, love is a riddle

Lots of things on the agenda, lots of things on my mind!

This week...

*my rough draft of my senior portfolio is due

*Greek presents (my last one!) is on Saturday

*I get to see mom, dad and austin on SUNDAY for the BNP Pariba tennis tournament!!

*my grad speech audition is on Saturday (... I don't know the trigger of this inspiration but I decided to audition to be a speaker at my graduation in May) Wish me luck!

These past week my close-knit community has been struggling with an unexpected death. Kellan Ward, a brother of the Alpha Gamma Nu fraternity, passed away on Feb. 28th. It has been and very hard and emotional time for everyone at Redlands, those who were really close to him and those who only knew him briefly.

His memorial service was yesterday and I decided not to attend. I feel like I have made peace with his passing and based on how emotional I am, I knew it would only send me a million steps back. His parents, brother and sister spoke and many girls from my sorority. I think everyone found closure in the service, and if I find time today I am planning on baking the Gamma nu's some cookies to show Delta's support. Kellan was an amazing guy, his life was too short, but we will remember him forever.

On a much different note, the girls and I got back from a relaxing spring break in PALM DESERT on friday! We stayed at my grandparents house and it was just what the doctor ordered! We tanned, swam, had drinks by the pool, went out for breakfast, walked el paseo, and read good books. Thanks Mary and Dave for a great weekend :)

1 comment:

Anna Min said...

Can u follow me please?? :(