Sunday, April 24, 2011

Senior Year Wrap-up

Well, I figured I needed to update since it's been WAY too long. I feel badly about it but mostly it just illustrates how eventful, crazy, busy and ever changing things have been around here. I'll give a list of the highlights and then go from there. Oh side note: HAPPY EASTER!!! ♥
  • It is my 22nd birthday tomorrow. 22. I remember posting about my 19th birthday... Megan flew down and liz met up with us and the 3 of us and hilary went to Disneyland for 3 days. That was 3 years ago.
  • To ring in my 22ND.... the girls (actually my PLEDGE CLASS) and I are hitting VEGAS. We leave at noon today, staying at the Monte Carlo (Jackie's dad got us a great deal) 7 girls, 2 nights, a 400 ft long lazy river and 85 degree weather.... can you say heaven?
  • My English Writing undergraduate degree officially completed, 4 years and how ever many credits later. I had my senior reading last week and turned in my 103+ page portfolio and feel AMAZING! I am taking Real World 101 (senior class that is supposed to prep us for what's out there) for mayterm but it is an elective. I could walk tomorrow if need be...
  • I crashed my car. Crashed is a vague term... totaled is more descriptive. I totaled my sentimental-had-since-I-was-16-cute-dark-blue-jetta. I am FINE, just have to make a few trips to the chiropractor a week but very lucky in the grand scheme of things. It happened on my Dad's birthday of all days, not a phone call any dad wants, on their birthday or any other day :( It was definitely a bump in the road but things are better and we have started CAR SHOPPINGGG.... yaaaay!
  • On a happier note.... I got chosen to be apart of 2011's Who's Who in American Universities and Colleges. 40 students from my graduating class got picked and I am very excited about it :) I felt so humbled to be selected, it is definitely a resume booster and something very neat to share!
  • I am single. Very single. And college boys SUCK. Just throwing it out there. I can't wait for MEN who have real JOBS and make MONEY and do NOT a) belong to a frat b) drink beer all day every day c) play video games d) don't know how to use a phone e) can't GET it together! I mean, come one guys, THROW US A BONE. I actually feel badly for you.... we are going to be swooped on by 25 year old men who actually know how lucky they are while you run around for 5 more years like a pathetic, drunk lost puppy. Oh well.
  • I am going home on WEDNESDAY (after vegas)! I haven't been home this close to my birthday since high school and it is going to be a great 5 days. We are going to do test drive some cars, shop for graduation and baccalaureate dresses, hopefully watch one of Austin's baseball games and cook yummy food! OH and I also get to meet Liz's new boyfriend! He is older so he doesn't fit into the "sucky boys" category above. But I am SO excited to meet him! His name is Andy and he is a runner and lives in WA. We are going out for dinner and drinks this Friday and I am STOKED :)
Ok, I feel those are all the high points right now. I am laying in my bed going over my vegas outfits in my head.... short dresses and swim suits are really all that are needed ;) I feel like I am going to post a few more when we get closer to graduation in a month (May 28th to be exact) Redlands has been the most amazing adventure and 4 years of my life. I have made incredible friends and sisters. Many who I know will be people in my life far beyond May 28th. It took me a while to really understand college and the importance of not only getting a degree but taking the time to find yourself so you are better suited for your future. It is crazy to think how far I have come from the girl who sat on her hotel pull-out bed, blogging before the first day of freshman year. Truly mind blowing.

Since then I have.... met best friends on DAY 2, played on a collegiate tennis team, joined a sorority, braved 2 years in dorms, lived in Austria, traveled Europe, completed my English degree, lived in an apartment, had boyfriends, had heartbreak. And lastly, coming to an end of a chapter in my life that will be the hardest to say goodbye to. Although I am MORE than ready to leave behind frat houses and keggers, the people and the place that Redlands is is irreplaceable.

Your goodbye is coming soon Redlands.... I will miss you more than you know. But before all the mushy stuff gets too real, please give me a May to remember ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Supeгb, what a wеblog it iѕ!
This website ρгesеnts useful factѕ to us, keеp it up.


Feel frеe tο surf to my wеb blog:
hcg diet cookbook